Methi Matar Malai
2 cups matar/peas
3 1/2 cups chopped methi leaves
1 tomato- finely chopped (optional)
1 medium onion- finely chopped
handful of cashews
1 to 2 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup regular/heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
1/4th tsp turmeric
1 sticks cinnamon
1. Crush the cashews and poppy seeds together to make a fine powder and set aside.
2. Heat oil, add the cloves, cinnamon and bayleaves and next add the finely chopped onions.
3. Saute till the onions turn transluscent or golden brown and then add the tomatoes.
4. Saute till the tomatoes are completely cooked and then add the garam masala, turmeric and salt.
5. Cook for 5 more minutes and add the cashew poppy seed paste and the peas and methi.
6. Cook for another 5 minutes and add in the heavy cream and milk.
7. Cook for 10 minutes or so and if the gravy seems to be too thick add more milk as needed.
8. Serve with rice or rotis